We believe the gospel is good news for all that hear it. It is the power of God for salvation through faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ saving us for the purpose of glorifying God and joining in his mission of making disciples who make disciples to the ends of the earth!
We believe we have been saved from the penalty of sin...
- We believe we were an enemy of God because of our sin and rebellion against him, deserving his wrath (Lk. 3:21-22; Rom. 1:18-32; 6:23; Eph. 2:1-3).
- We believe Jesus is the Son of God who is fully God and fully man and that he lived his life fully submitted to God the Father (Jn. 1:1-18; 5:19, 30; Phil. 2:5-11; Col. 1:15-19).
- We believe Jesus died on the cross for our sins according to the Scriptures justifying us and making us right before God and reconciling us to God (Rom. 5:6-11; 1 Cor. 15:3; 2 Cor. 5:17-21). - We believe Jesus resurrected from the dead on the third day and appeared to many people (1 Cor. 15:4-8).
- We believe Jesus ascended to the right hand of the Father and sent his Spirit to convict the world of sin, righteousness & judgment (Jn. 16:7-11; Acts 2:32-34).
- We believe the Holy Spirit has made us alive in Christ and we are now no longer condemned in our sin. We are now children who are loved by God as their Father, submitted to Jesus as their Lord and sent and empowered by the Holy Spirit for His mission of making disciples to the ends of the earth (Matt. 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Rom. 8:1, 14-17; Eph. 1:1-2:10)
We believe we are being saved from the power of sin...
- We believe that the same Holy Spirit that raised Jesus from dead now lives in us and we have access to the power of God to overcome sin and the lies of the enemy today (Jn. 14:12-14, 20:21-22; Rom. 8:2-11).
- We believe it is God’s will that we be sanctified – set apart/made holy to do his will (Rom. 6:19, 22; 1 Peter 1:13-25; 1 Cor. 3:16, 6:19-20; 1 Thess. 4:3).
- We can now desire to obey God and continue to grow in becoming more like Jesus and accomplishing His mission (Jn. 8:42, 14:15; Eph. 4:11-16).
- We believe we have all we need to make this a reality - His Spirit, His word & His church, and we intend to steward all of this for His glory (Eph. 1:2-22; Col. 1:27-29; 2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:3-11).
We believe we will be saved from the presence of sin...
- We believe Jesus will one day return and will make an end to sin, suffering, evil and brokenness (Matt. 16:27; 24:27, 44; Acts 1:11; 2 Thess. 1:10; Rev. 19:1-20:14; 22:7, 12, 20).
- We believe there will be a new heaven and a new earth (Is. 65:17, 66:22; 2 Pet. 3:13; Rev. 21:1-22:5).
- We believe He will judge the living and the dead and all those who put their trust in Jesus’ life, death and resurrection on their behalf will enjoy being in God’s presence forever in the new heaven and new earth (Acts 10:42-43; 2 Tim. 4:1; 1 Pet. 4:5; Rev. 20:11-21:8).
- We believe all those who trust in something or someone other than Jesus for their life and justification before God will be separated from God forever (Matt 7:21-23, 25:41-46; Jn. 3:16-18, 14:6; Acts 4:12) .
- We believe it is our job, as the Church, to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ for the salvation of souls and to display through our lives the foretaste of the future so that people will hunger for it and put their faith in Jesus Christ (Acts 1:8; Rom. 10:14-16; 1 Pet. 2:9-12, 3:15).
**"The Gospel" content adapted and inspired from Doxa Church, Bellevue, WA - used by permission**